Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Scale


My husband brought home a new scale last week. A digital one that you cannot “adjust” to make the numbers better. That scale was sitting in the bathroom just staring at me for a week until I finally got the nerve to get on it. 

Don’t hate me for this, but the number was actually lower than I thought it would be. I owe this to a book I recently read, “Younger Next Year for Women,” that changed my life. 

I’ve always been active, but this book kicked it up a notch, advising women to not only exercise, but to make it part of your life, devoting as much energy to exercising as we do to anything else if we want to keep in shape as we age. 

I wrote a short article for “Modern Mom, called Fitness Programs for Women. I hope the article inspires you to make exercise a part of your life, and if you have time, pick up the book, and get healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment