Friday, August 29, 2014

I Could Have Had a "Larry David" Moment, But I Chickened Out


Last night my husband and I went out to dinner for our anniversary. We had a fantastic time and a wonderful meal, and then we were ready for the check. But the waiter told us that we couldn't go yet — we needed to hear about the desserts so we could have something special.

I thought special meant free.
Image source: Wikimedia Commons

My husband still wasn't interested, but I said to him that if the dessert were free, why not? He didn't think it would be free just because the waiter mentioned a special dessert for our anniversary, but I was sure that's what the waiter meant by "special."

Bet's on.

The dessert was beautiful with a large chocolate "Happy Anniversary" message written in cursive across the bottom of the plate.

Time for the check. My husband won. Not free.

If I were Larry David … no not worth it! But you can imagine what he might have done: "Waiter, excuse me. Come here. Didn't you, didn't you say … special? I thought that meant 'free.' Why do you say special unless you mean free? I think …"  And cue music.

No comments:

Post a Comment